Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thoughts!

Happy Thanksgiving! I can't believe it is already here. Things have been nutso in my life lately but I have plenty to be thankful for.

I am so incredibly thankful that 3 members of my family have had surgery in the last week and they are all doing very well.
I am thankful for a job that allows me to live in a great apartment and put gas in my car so I can travel home whenever I want
So thankful to reunite with old friends while I am home. I love seeing people from high school. There is a certain sense of understanding one another when you watch each other grow up and go through those awkward years together.
Thankful that I checked my twitter this morning (bear with me for a second). I was not in a very thankful mood when I got up, just grumpy and feeling sorry for myself but got on twitter to catch up and one of my former students had tweeted me "Happy Thanksgiving! I miss you" I realized at that moment I needed to snap out of it and enjoy the day (even though it may not be exactly how I would like it to be) because I am so blessed.
I am not thankful that Josh is 3 hours away today working but am thankful that he has a job
And finally, I am so truly, wonderfully, blessed and grateful for my wonderful family who I would be absolutely lost without.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!



0 comments:

Post a Comment