Thursday, December 9, 2010

Checkin in

So I thought it would be a good time to check in on my new year's resolutions. There were only three. 1. Take better care of myself 2. Save money 3. Do more things for charity/ volunteering





I must say that looking back over the past year (and how is it that is is already over???) I am incredibly proud of some of the things I have accomplished.





Taking better care of myself was a huge one for me. I honestly feel like I had just "let myself go" throughout college and especially in graduate school and just sorta got comfortable and stopped caring so this summer I committed to Weight Watchers and was determined to lose weight. My mom had done Weight Watchers before so I just used all of the materials she had and didn't attend meetings because I think they are really expensive.

So here it is...the before and after. I have lost 25 lbs and I am so happy with my progress. The before picture was take 2 years ago Christmas day in Belize on our 1st cruise and the after was this summer when we went to the Outer Banks, NC.





You might not be able to see it but I am down 2 jean sizes and 1 shirt size. I still want to lose some more but am incredibly happy so far. :)

Saving money has not been as successful :( but it will continue to be a resolution into 2011. This year was especially rough since Josh was out of work until May. So we will continue to try this again.

Giving back and volunteering has always been important to me but I wanted to make it a higher priority this year and really for the rest of my life. I have been volunteering with the local chapter of Delta Zeta (the sorority I am part of) and I sat on the planning committee for the Toledo Give Thanks. Walk in November which all proceeds go to St Jude Research Hospital. The walk was a huge success and raised a great deal of money for the hospital.

I think I want to continue with all three of these "goals" for 2011 and possibly add some new ones but that will be a post coming later.

How did YOU do with your new year's resolutions???




2 comments:

  1. You look great! I did Weight Watchers as well and lost over 40 pounds over a two year span... I know how hard it is but how amazing it feels to accomplish it. And you really look amazing!! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! Great job actually sticking to your goals...I never seem to take my resolutions seriously.

    ReplyDelete