Thursday, July 28, 2011

Insert catchy weight watchers title here


Yea that's me...all of me over the past 2 years. I am going to be real honest, the picture in 2009 I thought I looked good. I mean I knew I was a bigger girl, I was always the big girl that was just who I was. I never thought that would change.

May of 2010 I decided it was time to at least try and make it change and honestly, I never took a "before" picture because I had no faith in myself that I would be able to lose weight. I have been a yo-yo dieter for what feels like forever and never had any success.

I've talked about this journey a lot on here see this post and I am not trying to preach to anyone. I just know that there are other women and men who secretly feel the same way I felt 2 years ago, like there is no help, no choice. I am just writing to say that there is.

Today, I weigh 135 lbs. (holy cow I just wrote that on the Internet) I never, never, never, ever thought I could get to that number, my personal original goal was 150 and well I blew that out of the water.

I can even put into words how it feels to know that I am healthier and have no doubt added years to my life. It is indescribable how it feels to wear a size 6 dress (I used to wear a 12-14) I am literally half of my old self.

You won't believe this but I hate talking about my weight loss, moving back closer to my hometown I have seen a lot of people who I haven't seen in a while and there is always that OMG you look amazing comment. It does make me feel good but also incredibly awkward and I am not sure why. I guess I don't want it to define me.

If you are thinking about weight watchers or any other program just do it and you might surprise yourself. This journey has been long but I have done it, mind you all the while enduring foot surgery, changing jobs, and moving.

I promise it will not be easy but it is totally worth it.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!! You've done such a great job!!

    Personally, I think you look beautiful in the 2009 picture. However, you definitely look happier and more confident in the 2011 picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over here from another blog. I joined WW again two weeks ago. I did it back in '07 and lost 20ish pounds but since haven't gained it all back. What's your biggest piece of advice to succeed? I'm having the hardest time feeling motivated. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds for my July 2012 wedding.

    ReplyDelete