Sunday, December 19, 2010

Being a grown up?!?!?!

We went shopping this weekend, not because I needed to I have been done with my Christmas shopping since before Thanksgiving (thankyouverymuch) but Josh on the other hand is the worlds biggest procrastinator per usual.

So we went to Kohl's to look for a gift for his sister and while we were there I was browsing at some snowmen plates and platters that were 70% off and was pondering getting one for me and one for Josh's mom. I was picking it up and then putting it back then picking it up again obviously trying to decide if I was gonna buy it or not and this woman just blurts out to me oh hunny just buy it and tell your husband its a gift for yourself Merry Christmas lol.

I sorta laughed then put the plate back down and didn't buy it (trying to save $ here) but then thought...I don't have a husband...wonder why she thought I did.

Then at work last week I was giving a campus tour to an interview candidate and he asked so how many kids do you have? I jokingly answered oh a couple hundred (referring to the students I work with)

I guess I just don't feel like a grown up or feel like I look like a grown up at all. I think sometimes I still feel 17 years old for example I can not wait to go "home" for Christmas and just hang out with my mom.

Will there ever be a day that I feel "grown up"? I obviously am 26 years old can have a husband and children just don't even feel remotely ready for either of those things right now in life?

Has anyone else felt that way?? Is there a day, a moment, an occasion where you start to feel "grown up"?





1 comment:

  1. I am 25 and married and talking babies with my husband and i still feel like a teenager. i even wrote a post about it a few months back called "Perpetual Teenager"

    I don't feel like I will ever stop feeling like the uncool teenager no matter how many adult things I do and face in life.

    If that feeling ever comes, let me know, because so far. I am 16 in my mind and always younger than everyone around me... even when I'm not.

    ReplyDelete