Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cleaning up my "collegehood"

I have been at my Mom's in Ohio this weekend to attend a bridal shower of my cousin. As much as I love being home I am incredibly allergic to the house they live in. For most of my life we did not live in this house and when my parents decided to move I was in college and spent about 1.5 summers and lots of weekends here. We figured I would just get sick because of the 3 cats that live here and their insane amount of hair loss but now that I too own a cat and do not suffer at my house I have decided...its not the cats.

So this morning I woke up and decided it was time to clean up my pseudo room that I have kinda lived in the past 5 years. For anyone who went away for college and in my case graduate school you tend to collect and hang on to a lot of random things for no apparent reason (even worse cause I was in a sorority). So as I type this I sit next to a huge bag of stuffed animals I no longer need ( I did keep a few) and lots of other crap I have held onto cause of some ridiculously memory I have associated with them. I had the best college hood anyone could ever ask for..hands down but I am trying so hard to find this balance of hanging on to what I had but finding the courage to just go out and see what else is waiting for me.

So in the end, I have a cleaner, cat hair free (for now) room to come home too...cause in the end no matter where I go, this crazy house that I may be allergic to will always, always be my home and I wouldn't have it any other way.


-Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment