Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This guy I know...


It has indeed been awhile but we are going on another walk down memory lane...if you would like to join in click below...it's lots of fun!







Josh and I have a crazy story of how we actually ended up together but I will save that for another time. We have been together for a year a half and time has completely flown by. Our first date "weekend" which is apparently what you have to have when you live 2 hours away from each other was fantastic. Our official first date was a trip to the National Football Hall of Fame in Akron and then dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. The perfect combo cause Josh loves football and I love cheesy themed restaurants. The next day we spent the afternoon watching the Ohio State vs. Michigan game at BW-3's with some friends where he got BBQ sauce all over the sleeve of my shirt (haha). We continued to have twice a month weekend dates which was hard being away from him and balancing it all with grad school and job searching all at the same time. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

Us at BW-3's

Although our relationship had been full of its ups and downs I would be lost without him. I was very weary of jumping into a relationship when Josh and I starting dating but I am so happy that God has put him into my life. Although he may not be as organized as I like, or that he spends entirely too much time playing video games and watching ESPN he is mine all mine and I can not wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

There is no real reason I chose today to write about Josh and I's first date...except for that I don't thank him enough or tell him how much I love him..so this was my chance.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jess

4 comments:

  1. Love first date stories! You look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,...Thanks for joining in today's Wednesday's Walk. It was fun to hear how you and Josh met.

    It is fun getting to know our blogging friends. ((smile))

    You make a cute couple.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic. It's good to take time to be grateful for what (or who) God has brought into our life. Now I find myself wondering what you studied in grad school. I'm trying to remember if I already know. Hmmmmm????

    Thanks for sharing. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing :)
    He may not be just like you would have made him with al of his skills, but those little things are what make him him..and such a wonderful person.
    My hubby is in his 50's and still plays video games regularly with our 10 year old. Its a great parenting skill.

    ReplyDelete