Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Ins and outs of moving to a new city

Moving....yes it sucks. Moving everything down 3 flights of stairs, driving 6 hours and moving everything back up a flight of stairs. It was hot, it was stressful, but in my opinion it is not the hardest part of moving to a new place.

We have lived here for a little over six weeks and here is just a short run down of the good and not so good things I am getting used to.

1. Not knowing where anything is, or how to get there
Sort of an expected annoyance but thankfully Josh knows how to get a lot of places, we live right across from grocery stores and gas stations so at least that's easy, and I always have my GPS!

2. Toledo having terrible radio stations
This is probably an annoyance only applicable to me but with a 40 minute commute to work everyday I wish morning radio was LESS talking MORE music. Isn't that what a radio station is for???

3. Speaking of that 40 minute commute...it sucks an I'm dreading winter already

4. Not knowing any of the channels on the tv...
Not to sound like a huge tv junkie but I definitely have my shows but I still have no idea what channels they are on and I hate how our satellite goes out every time the wind blows or it rains

5. Finding really exciting places (This is a definite good thing)
I was out running some errands and saw that we have a "Onc*e U*pon A C*hild" here which is a consignment like children's store not that we have children but its so much fun to buy stuff for the other kids in our life and we have a C*lothes Ment*or which is a resale store for women's clothes, I will certainly be checking that out soon

6. Being Closer to home :)
One of the reasons I have not blogged pretty much at all. We have been constantly on the go visiting people and making up for lost time

7. Making new friends :0 )
As I am growing up I find this to be one of the most challenging things to overcome. After leaving grad school there is really never a time when you are surrounded by people doing the same thing you are. Now in the working world everyone is doing their own thing, getting married, having babes, etc. But I am super excited to be meeting a lot of new people and making some new friends.

8. BEING HAPPY : o)
I am starting to feel like this is where we belong right now in our lives and things will get better, things will work themselves out, and yes it is hard but its all worth it.



1 comment:

  1. moving sucks so much! I hate all of the cleaning and unpacking involved, and i would NOT look forward to moving in and out with stairs!

    ReplyDelete